Request: Change Dolby Digital handling

Reinhard Nissl schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Sebastian wrote:
>
>> I use 1.3.23 and have a little request. Could you please change the
>> Dolby Digital handling in a way that you can choose to use Dolby Digital
>> during playback and for recordings seperately?
>

> When 'Use Dolby Digital' is enabled, VDR records both the normal mpeg
> audio stream and the dolby audio stream, when they are available. It's
> just a matter to select the one you want to use for replay.
>
> While a recording is playing, just hit the "menu" button. Then select
> "green" (= audio) and select the audio track you like. There is also a
> remote key "audio" available which enters this menu directly.
>
> At least when using transfer mode it should also be possible to do the
> same for playback (= live TV?) to choose e. g. a different language for
> channels like "arte".
>
>> An example: I use the analog out on my DVB card, so whenever DD is
>> played directly through J2 I hear nothing. So now I can hit VDR's
>> settings and set 'Use Dolby Digital' to 'no'. Now I have sound over
>> analog. But when I start a recording of a program which offers DD VDR
>> doesn't record the DD stream. But I'd definately go with DD when
>> prepping the recording for a DVD. Of course I could switch  'Use Dolby
>> Digital' on everytime I'm about to record but that's not quite handy.
>> I know for normal VDR playback this isn't much of an issue because all
>> the channels available send an mpg audiostream and VDR defaults to that
>> stream on playback so I have analog output even while 'Use Dolby
>> Digital' is set to 'on'. But the DVD plugin also uses the 'Use Dolby
>> Digital' option. And there're often DVDs that only contain DD tracks so
>

> I don't see, how you want to play a DVD which   o n l y   contains DD
> tracks without using J2. But I must admit, as I don't own a full
> featured card I'd better shut up now. I only can tell that xine is able
> to downmix 5.1 to 2.0.
>
>> that I'm left with no audio signal while  'Use Dolby Digital' is set to
>> 'on'.
>

> Bye.

Hello!

I just would like to have the possiblity to record DD and have my sound
output analog at the same time.

The dvd plugin as of now is broken regarding audio I think. It should be
able to downmix DD tracks to 2.0 in order to get analog output. That's
why it has a52dec as a dependancie. Right now it doesn't work (VDR
1.3.23 and dvd plugin CVS). Also changing audio tracks doesn't work
right now.

Cheers

Sebastian