Request: Change Dolby Digital handling

Hi,

Sebastian wrote:

> I use 1.3.23 and have a little request. Could you please change the
> Dolby Digital handling in a way that you can choose to use Dolby Digital
> during playback and for recordings seperately?

When 'Use Dolby Digital' is enabled, VDR records both the normal mpeg
audio stream and the dolby audio stream, when they are available. It's
just a matter to select the one you want to use for replay.

While a recording is playing, just hit the "menu" button. Then select
"green" (= audio) and select the audio track you like. There is also a
remote key "audio" available which enters this menu directly.

At least when using transfer mode it should also be possible to do the
same for playback (= live TV?) to choose e. g. a different language for
channels like "arte".

> An example: I use the analog out on my DVB card, so whenever DD is
> played directly through J2 I hear nothing. So now I can hit VDR's
> settings and set 'Use Dolby Digital' to 'no'. Now I have sound over
> analog. But when I start a recording of a program which offers DD VDR
> doesn't record the DD stream. But I'd definately go with DD when
> prepping the recording for a DVD. Of course I could switch  'Use Dolby
> Digital' on everytime I'm about to record but that's not quite handy.
> I know for normal VDR playback this isn't much of an issue because all
> the channels available send an mpg audiostream and VDR defaults to that
> stream on playback so I have analog output even while 'Use Dolby
> Digital' is set to 'on'. But the DVD plugin also uses the 'Use Dolby
> Digital' option. And there're often DVDs that only contain DD tracks so

I don't see, how you want to play a DVD which   o n l y   contains DD
tracks without using J2. But I must admit, as I don't own a full
featured card I'd better shut up now. I only can tell that xine is able
to downmix 5.1 to 2.0.

> that I'm left with no audio signal while  'Use Dolby Digital' is set to
> 'on'.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl