Re: [Announce] LNB-sharing patch for VDR 1.3.22

Am Freitag, 18. M?rz 2005 22:48 schrieb Matthias L?tzke:
> Markus_Ehrnsperger@xxxxxxxx says...
>
> > so if I switch from
> >
> > S19.2E  99999 H 10600       t V W15 [E0 10 38 F3] W15 T

> > S13E    99999 V 10600        t v W15 [E0 10 38 F5] W15 B W15 T
> >
> > than the second DVB card will switch the tone off (while the first one is
> > still sending the tone), the second DVB card will have low voltage (while
> > the first one has still high voltage), than the second DVB card will send
> > some DiSEqC sequences (disturbed by the tone of the first one) and will
> > switch the tone on again. Than the first DVB card will send signals,
> > again disturbed by the tone of the second DVB card.
> >
> > Would it be possible to change this and make sure no DVB card sends the
> > tone as long as DiSEqC sequences are sent?
>
> I will check this. Until now I implemented most of the LNB-sharing
> functions in device.c and tried to avoid changes in lower abstraction
> levels.
> If this does not need large changes to vdr or too many dirty hacks I
> will implement this in a future version.
>
> For the moment a simple line-splitter (like
> http://www.reichelt.de/index.html?ARTIKEL=SVE%202-01;ARTIKELID=24943; )
> should work for your configuration, as it passes the LNB-configuration-
> tones of only one card (AFAIK).

Hi Matthias,

thank you for writing this patch and looking at my issues.
I have a similar splitter and the two reciever connectors are looking
symmetrically, so I don't see through which one the DiSEqC sequences could be
blocked. This should also be printed on the line-splitter. Has anyone here on
the list some confirmed information on this issue, how such a line splitter
works?

And another question to the list: Anyone using this patch with more than two
LNBs? Does it work for you?

Since I have some other issues with my SS2 card I have deactivated it for now.
If you work again on the DiSEqC handling and think I should test it, please
just write an E-Mail, I can reactivate my SS2 card than.

Markus