HDTV -> mpeg4

Prakash Punnoor schrieb:
> Ulf Elsner schrieb:
>
>>Am Montag, 28. M?rz 2005 15:24 schrieb Prakash Punnoor:
>>

>>>What kind of CPU do you have and how high is CPU usage. I was just playing
>>>around with xvid (I have no experience with it) an mencoder, but 1080i is
>>>not playable for me anymore. I have an Athlon XP@xxxxxxx The mpeg2 file is
>>>no problem though. I will try your setting, though.
>>
>>well I've got an AMD Athlon64 3000+, CPU load during encoding is 100% ;-),
>>while replaying I got different values with gmplayer (about 50 to 60%) and
>>xine (100%, dropping frames, sometimes missing audio).
>
> Interesting that your athlon64 has so much more horses than my miserable xp -
> even though my XP should have a higher clock rate than your cpu. :-( Or are
> you hw accelerating your output? Ie I only have a geforce4 ti4200 which cannot
> do idct and even gets slower when doing mc.

Ok, I am an idiot (or rather mplayer is not very smart). I enabled lavcdeint
in config, but I assumed it would be turned off for progressive input - not
the case. Now mplayer need 80-90%, same with vlc I just tested, so yesssss, my
cpu is able to crunch it. :-)

--
Prakash Punnoor

formerly known as Prakash K. Cheemplavam