bitstreamout-0.70 and vdr-1.3.21

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 03:37:05PM +0200, Per Mellander wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:15:44 +0100, Dr. Werner Fink wrote
> >
> > > My amplifier works great With your bitstreamout plugin, but I can't get
> > > the sound in sync. And with loopthrough the nonaudiobit isn't set :(
> > > I use the soundcard "C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)".
> >
> > You can not set the nonaudio bit in loop through mode.
> > AFAIK the ALSA driver does not support that.
> >

> Why loop at all then? What's the difference between connecting DVB card SPDIF
> output directly to reciever and looping via CMI8738 card ??

You can switch between MP2 and AC3 audio on channel change.
You can mute/unmute even if digital connected.

> Does the soundcard do anything else than act as a 'dumb' connector? Pretty
> expensive extension ;D

CM8738 are extremly inexpensive ... OK beside the huge
winning marges of some resellers.

Expensive sound cards cross the 100 Euro/Dollar boundary
and really good sound cards can be used in slave mode.
That is that the sound card does not use its own quart
as clock reference but the incomming clock given by
the S/P-DIF in ... which is very usefull for e.g.
LiveTV.

       Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/