bitstreamout-0.70 and vdr-1.3.21

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 01:18:37PM +0100, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
>
> > Yep, it should work with 1.3.22.  At least I've never seen a crash
> > with 1.3.22.  The delay problem with MP2 is know but it is not that
> > easy to fix.  On the other hand: using the direct way of connecting
> > the S/P-DIF out on J2 of the DVB FF to the S/P-DIF in of the sound
> > card works flawless, e.g. is in sync.
>
> it is in sync, but the pcm headers are wrong with ac3 stream.

What does wrong mean?  IMHO the headers which bitstreamout
produce should be correct accordingly to IEC 61937.  This
works with AC3, DTS and even with MP2 Audio. Only for the
later one my AV receiver has no auto detection which
requires switching my AV receiver into MP2 Audio mode by hand.

> Bye the way, may it be possibles to receive the data via S/P-DIF in into
> the soundcard and then read the data via a userspace programm to
> redirect it to S/P-DIF out.

This is what a sound card should do with loop through, that means
redirect the data from its S/P-DIF in to its S/P-DIF out _without_
modifying (e.g. _NO_ resampling, clipping or so whatever sound
`washing' which kill the pure compressed data).

> Then the data should be fine for all amplifiers, or I'am total wrong ?

No, this is correct.

          Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/