[ADMIN] server downtime

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Anyway, as the vdr list used to have Reply-To: the list,
> I enabled it again, even if I think it is wrong (the mailman
> admin interface even states: "Where are replies to list messages
> directed? Poster is /strongly/ recommended for most mailing lists.").
> Luckily mutt has a ignore_list_reply_to config option...

I don't mean to further heat up this discussion, just one
question: isn't the most reasonable way to reply to a mailing
list posting to the *list*? What sense does it make to reply
only privately to a ML posting? Sure, in some rare cases one may want
to get into contact privately with a poster, but in the vast
majority of cases replies should go to the list.

Personally I don't want to have to think about whether I have to
reply to the sender or to the list - I just hit the Reply button
and want the message to go where it makes sense, which in case of
a mailing list is the *list*.

Since I have set up my procmailrc to insert Reply-to headers for
the mailing lists I'm subscribed to, there is no real problem
for me. All I want to avoid is that people send messages to me
privately _and_ to the list.

Klaus