[ADMIN] server downtime

Sergei Haller wrote:
> generally speaking, there are two categories of people with regard to the
> _wanted_ behaviour of the reply-buttons anf mailing list posts:
[snip]

There is another way of defining the two categories:
- people who use a MUA that supports mailing lists
- people who don't

Did anyone ever consider filing a bug report or feature request
for a "list reply" function for their favourite mail client?

> @ML-Admins: Is it possible to have a per-user setting in the ML-software,
> which enables the reply-to: field for all posts sent to that user?

It's not possible for performance reasons. There is just one message with a
large number of recepients per posting, so one cannot have customized
messages for everyone.
Currently 1431 people are subscribed to the vdr list.

Anyway, as the vdr list used to have Reply-To: the list,
I enabled it again, even if I think it is wrong (the mailman
admin interface even states: "Where are replies to list messages
directed? Poster is /strongly/ recommended for most mailing lists.").
Luckily mutt has a ignore_list_reply_to config option...

Johannes