[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.1 plugin

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Anssi Hannula wrote:

> Are you planning to add support for socket connections as proposed by Patrick
> Boettcher anytime soon?

I volunteered to try to implement this thing to vdr-xine (and remove fifo
handling completely if speed allows it). I have to say I underestimated
the complexity of the vdr-xine Plugin (especially the full-featured-device
emulation). Implementing would be not so hard, but it should be
maintainable afterwards and thus one has to pay attention to good
code style and reusability.

On the other hand developing an open source project without a public
version control system is very uncomfortable, at least for me.

Currently I stuck in another project (besides work), when it can be
understand as completed, I plan to invest time to have a deeper look into
vdr-xine (and maybe we have a vdr-xine CVS then :) ).

best regards,
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx