Re: Pull request: nsenter(1) fixes

On Tuesday 06 December 2016, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 01:27:11PM -0500, J William Piggott wrote:
> > On 12/05/2016 06:51 AM, Karel Zak wrote:
> > >
> > >  Applied ... but you have removed "See also.. " sentence from
> > >  description of the --user. Would be better to keep there?

> > >  Sure.
> >
> > Does this apply to all of us? We no longer need to submit patches
> > to the mailing list for peer review?
>
> Well, send patch to the mailing list for review is always good
> choice, and it's definitely wanted for invasive or sensitive things,
> or if you're not sure.
>
> I think for trivial changes where is nothing to discuss it's probably
> good enough to send pull request only.
>
> It's also good idea to keep the latest version of your patches in
> public remote repository (e.g. github) if you expect any additional
> changes after review etc.
>

> Use common sense anyway. It works better than strict rules.

One thing I would really like is that you would merge the mailing list
patch-sets in the same way like github does, using "git merge --no-ff".
This always adds an explicit merge commit which makes IMO later review
and bisecting easier. (Less uninteresting/intermediate points in
master.)

Though maybe other people would rather like a simple straight forward
master branch. Anyways this is just my vote for --no-ff :)

cu,
Rudi