Re: gigasetm101d daemon [resent]

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:12:05AM +0100, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Well, the obvious trouble with your version is that it doesn't fill
> my needs, in that it supports only N_SLIP. :-)
>
> Also, one advantage of my version I'd like to point out is that it's
> actually tested, and works fine at least for N_GIGASET.

Yes, absolutely.  I just wanted to check if it's really hard to port.
You're driving the ball here, and as long as we don't make things
incompatible I'm perfectly fine with taking your version!

> As far as compatibility with the OpenBSD original is concerned, do
> you see any specific incompatibility which you'd like addressed,
> apart from the obvious ones (not supporting LDs that don't exist
> in Linux) and the deliberate ones (supporting arbitrary LDs instead
> of just a limited set?

Oops, looks like I missed your generalized version during my mail server
outage.  Yes, from a quick read over it your version looks like it's
as compatible as it gets.

> And by the way, what about that
> > kind of tool in
>> one of the input packages to attach input line disciplines
> you mentioned in your mail dated 26.01.2008 20:28? Can you point me
> to a source so that I can make sure ldattach covers its functionality
> too?

Ok, did a little search in my archives, and it's called inputattach.
It's a package of it's own in most distributions but I can't actually
find an upstream source for it.  I've Cc'ed Vojtech because he wrote
it.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe util-linux-ng" in