Re: gigasetm101d daemon [resent]

Am 05.02.2008 17:45 schrieb Christoph Hellwig:
I've hacked up a trivial and probably buggy port of the openbsd one,
which is attached below.  I have no idea whether that or adopting your
version makes more sense, but I'd like to request to keep it compatible
to the openbsd variant if we want to call it ldattach.

Well, the obvious trouble with your version is that it doesn't fill
my needs, in that it supports only N_SLIP. :-)

Also, one advantage of my version I'd like to point out is that it's
actually tested, and works fine at least for N_GIGASET.

(Another one being that I have already created a complete patch for
it, including manpage and Makefile.am entry, which I sent to
util-linux-ng on Sunday afternoon. But it seem it still hasn't made
it to the list, so I'll resend it just to make sure.)

As far as compatibility with the OpenBSD original is concerned, do
you see any specific incompatibility which you'd like addressed,
apart from the obvious ones (not supporting LDs that don't exist
in Linux) and the deliberate ones (supporting arbitrary LDs instead
of just a limited set?

And by the way, what about that
> kind of tool in
one of the input packages to attach input line disciplines
you mentioned in your mail dated 26.01.2008 20:28? Can you point me
to a source so that I can make sure ldattach covers its functionality
too?

Thx
T.

--