ALASKA-NEWS-RELEASE: Southeast Alaska Discovery Center winter hours

Southeast Alaska Discovery Center winter hours

KETCHIKAN, Alaska, October 3, 2017 – The Southeast Alaska Discovery Center is pleased to announce its operating hours for the winter season. From October 6 through December 15, the center will be open and free of charge on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visitors can enjoy the exhibits, purchase America the Beautiful passes or Tongass area maps, or choose to screen one of our films highlighting Alaskan natural and cultural history.

With prior arrangement from teachers, classes may visit Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

From January to April, our hours will be extended from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. to accommodate the Friday Night Insight programs. On January 6, at 6:00 p.m. we will kick off the series with local artist Ray Troll’s presentation: Prehistoric Alaska. The Friday Night Insight programs include presentations by community experts, scientists, and historians.

We hope to see you at the Discovery Center all winter long! The Southeast Alaska Discovery Center is located at 50 Main Street in Ketchikan.

For more information, contact Leslie Swada at 907-228-6290 or lswada@xxxxxxxxx, follow on Twitter @AKDiscoveryCtr, or the webpage at http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/tongass/seadc. For interviews and information to be used for publication, contact the Tongass Public Affairs Officer at 907-228-6201.

The Friday Night Insight programs start on January 6 with local artist Ray Troll’s Prehistoric Alaska presentation.

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately. To manage your subscription visit http://www.fs.fed.us/news/subscription.shtml

[Index of Archives]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs Forum]     [Yosemite Camping]     [Yosemite Upper Pines Campground]     [Yosemite Conditions]     [Big List of Linux Books]