USDA Release: JOHANNS ANNOUNCES NEXT FARM BILL FORUM VENUES

Click to view:http://www.usda.gov/2005/07/0248.xml

Release No. 0248.05

Contact:
Ed Loyd (202) 720-4623

JOHANNS ANNOUNCES NEXT FARM BILL FORUM VENUES

NASHVILLE, TN, July 7, 2005 - Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns today announced the location of the next three U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Bill Forums before a full-capacity audience of more than 400 stakeholders who attended the kick-off of USDA's nationwide farm bill listening tour in Nashville, TN.

"The interest in the next farm bill shown here today has exceeded my expectations," Johanns said. "The thoughtful discourse on the direction of future farm policy is very encouraging and I look forward to the same caliber of discussion at future Farm Bill Forums as we continue our nationwide tour."

The Secretary announced the following Farm Bill Forums:

July 26  - 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (CST) North Dakota State Fair - Minot, ND

Aug. 3  -  4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.  Minnesota Farm Fest -  Redwood County, MN

Aug. 4  -  11:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. Wisconsin State Fair -  West Allis, WI

The public is also welcome to submit comments via the USDA Farm Bill Forums website at http://www.usda.gov/farmbill.

#
 USDA News
oc.news@xxxxxxxx