Re: Barebox stops working if /env/boot/mmc is removed

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 08:36:21 +0100
Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 02:11:26PM +0100, Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> > > What does "Stops working" mean? Doesn't start at all? Doesn't
> > > start kernel? Your description is a bit vague.
> >
> > Stops working means no more output on the serial port after having
> > barebox_updated the image and issued 'reset'. Hardware reset did
> > not do anything.
>
> Console output starts before the environment is looked at, so this
> shouldn't be the root cause. I didn't understand where you erased the
> file. Did you erase it in your build, so in the default environment,
> or did you erase it during runtime from the saved environment? For the
> former it could be that the object positions in the binary moved to
> some unlucky place.

This must have been my case. I deleted a file from the default
environment within my build which was in a previous image.

As I didn't really knew what's going on, I don't remember exactly what
I did.

But I'm quite sure that erasing the barbox-environment-partition fixed
the problem.

I haven't seen it since then, no matter how much I changed the
built-in-env.

Thanks for your feedback and explanation, I'll keep my eyes open in
case the problem reappears.

regards,
--
Patrick.