Re: Barebox stops working if /env/boot/mmc is removed

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 15:27:51 +0100
Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm using barebox 2017.04.0-BSP (phytec's fork though).
>
> I'm customizing my environment in a (Yocto) .bbappend-file.
>
> When I'm removing (or not adding) the /env/boot/mmc-file the
> barebox-image created by Yocto is not booting at all, that is, on the
> serial console I don't see anything.
>
> Maybe this is a problem of phytec's fork, but I'm wondering what could
> create this behavior in general? Missing env-files make barebox not
> boot.

The issue seems to have come from a file which was maybe in a previous
default environment and has been modified in the user-environment and
was now remove in the default-env or overwritten or whatnot.

It seems that I fixed it by erasing
the /dev/barebox-environment-partition after flashing the new
barebox-version.

For the moment this is not an issue for my system/application. It's a
bit scary though.

regards,
--
Patrick.