barebox state is not fixed up into kernel-device-tree

Hi,

I'm using a device-state (for bootchooser) which is stored in an eeprom.

Works fine from within barebox - read and write.

Userspace does not see the state:

  Neither /aliases/state nor /state found

The displayed device-tree when booting with 'boot -v -v <name>' does
not contain the state-entry.

However, there is a warning of a failed fixup:

  Failed to fixup node in of_state_fixup+0x1/0x1ac: No such device

Could it be that the eeprom-alias is missing? I'm still learning
device-tree and stuff and I'm not yet entirely sure how everything is
related.

The partition is created within a

  &eeprom {
     [..]