Re: barebox state is not fixed up into kernel-device-tree

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm using a device-state (for bootchooser) which is stored in an
> eeprom.
>
> Works fine from within barebox - read and write.
>
> Userspace does not see the state:
>
>   Neither /aliases/state nor /state found
>
> The displayed device-tree when booting with 'boot -v -v <name>' does
> not contain the state-entry.
>
> However, there is a warning of a failed fixup:
>
>   Failed to fixup node in of_state_fixup+0x1/0x1ac: No such device
>
> Could it be that the eeprom-alias is missing? I'm still learning
> device-tree and stuff and I'm not yet entirely sure how everything is
> related.
>
> The partition is created within a
>
>   &eeprom {
>      [..]
>   }
>
> section and eeprom is defined as
>
>   eeprom: eeprom@52 {
>
>   }
>
> (I added the 'eeprom: '- name/alias)
>
> Where am I missing the link?

there was a patch recently that fixed a bug in the context of partition
fixups and as a result repaired the state fixup as well for some setups:

  http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/barebox/2018-October/035091.html

Please check if it solves your problem. If not then please provide more
insight into your devicetrees (barebox & kernel) and post a little bit
more context of the state node as well as the eeprom and the aliases
nodes.

Best regards
Ulrich
--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Ulrich Ölmann               |