Re: MFGtools support in barebox

Hi,

    Thanks for answer.
     I think I need it to do it from Windows as we have some boards
that need to be updated in the factory by people that do not necessary
have Linux skills or Linux workstation.
     That is why we thought we could use MFGtools app.
     My problem is that the board we have have only NAND and USB as
boot options. And I need to flash the NAND the first time.
      I have already looked at imx-usb-loader solution but it required
a Linux OS which is not possible in my case
     I have already used barebox_update successfully but only after I
had a working barebox already.
     I was successful into loading barebox image from MFGtools into
RAM and there execute barebox_update to flash on the NAND itself.
     But the barebox won't load afterwards the kernel image with
mfgtools support.

    So I have two options I think:

    i) porting barebox_update to Linux. Is there a way to flash the
barebox on NAND from Linux itself(after the board has booted
successfully) ?
   ii) adding support for MFGtools in barebox. I do not have toom uch
knowledge about it. I know I should add UTP protocol support in usb
gadget code in barebox but was not successful so far.

        How do you guys see a solution to this scenario?

Thanks,
       Mihaita