MFGtools support in barebox

Hi ,

 I would like to flash a barebox image on NAND for a Phytec imx6ul
evk board using MFGTools.
     I have added support for UTP protocol in kernel image so commands
could be "pushed" using MFGtools app from Windows.
     But obviously I cannot push barebox_update command to Linux.
     So I think I have two options:

1) porting barebox_update command to Linux which I do not find it so
easy. I am already working on it
2) adding UTP support in barebox so I could just load the barebox
image in RAM using MFGtools, there a utp device node would be created
and then I could push barebox specific commands directly from
MFGtools.
      I have added UTP support in linux USB gadget code but I see
barebox USB gadget code is quite different and not all functionality
are in place so I also struggle a bit of porint gUTP patches from
Linux to barebox.
     Does anybody have any experience with this topic or coud advise
me on how to proceed?

Thanks,
      Mihaita