Re: atmel_nand pmecc on 8k page [RFC]

Hi Matteo,

On 06/13/2014 08:48 PM, Matteo Fortini wrote:
Hi all,
glad you found my patch useful. Sascha rejected it because he sees it
more fit to separate the initialization of sama5d3 and sam9 since they
are quite different.

I started, as advised by Sascha, to create into sam9_smc.c the function

void sama5d3_smc_configure(int id, int cs, struct sama5d3_smc_config
*config)

but this brings on some other changes to keep the same structure of
functions,  i.e. we would need to implement

static void sama5d3_smc_cs_configure(void __iomem *base, struct
sama5d3_smc_config *config)

and all the related functions, since the argument changes from struct
sam9_smc_config * to struct sama5d3_smc_config *

Now I'm asking you all for a comment: should we go ahead and create a
new sama5d3_smc.c file with all the functions (some will unfortunately
be a duplicate of those present in sam9_smc.c), or should I do a partial
hack to insert sama5d3 specific functions into sam9_smc.c (like, for
example, playing with config structures so that the sam9 one is just the
head of the sama5d3)?

I think we'd better to create a new sama5d3_smc.c. This will be more readable, and also benefit for the new coming SoC.

Thank you in advance for your comments, I ask Raphaël to wait until this
patch is settled to send in his changes. They will be very useful for
me, too (I had to deactivate PMECC to use my NAND...)

Best Regards,
Bo Shen