Re: About to unsubcribe

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Interesting to see in what ways different people read the newsgroups. In
>> my case, I first do a scan of the overview-pages, selecting what I (think
>> I) want to read. At the end, I press 'X' to junk all other stuff, and
>> start reading. Scrolling by 'space' when things are interesting, when a
>> sub-thread gets boring, I press ',', when the whole thread has progressed
>> beyond recovery, I press 'k'. Trn does the rest.
>
> That's similar to how I read, although if there's too much to read, I choose
> what to read on a single page then press D.
>
> btw, k junks only the current subject, not the entire thread if the subject
> has changed; J marks the entire thread as read including multiple subjects.

I thought J when reading an articles does more than just marking them
read. I do use 'J' a lot in the article overview view, tagging a whole
subject thenk 'J'unking it.

> I have forgotten a command. Somehow, I've got a specific group set to
> enter as Subjects rather than Threads. I know how to change it back to
> Threads once I'm in the group but I cannot remember how to change it so
> I enter the group as Threads, not Subjects. Also, what file is this
> setting stored in? I couldn't find it in the files in my .trn directory
> and it's not a .newsrc setting, of course.

Perhaps in the environment variables?

> Whoops! Patrick, I apologize for carelessly replying to your message in
> Mail rather than via the list. What a noob.

No problem, I must admit I've done the same myself to a few messages on
this list. My apologies to those I directly emailed with the list being on
the Cc:.

Regards, Patrick.