Re: About to unsubcribe

Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Interesting to see in what ways different people read the newsgroups. In
>my case, I first do a scan of the overview-pages, selecting what I (think
>I) want to read. At the end, I press 'X' to junk all other stuff, and
>start reading. Scrolling by 'space' when things are interesting, when a
>sub-thread gets boring, I press ',', when the whole thread has progressed
>beyond recovery, I press 'k'. Trn does the rest.

That's similar to how I read, although if there's too much to read, I choose
what to read on a single page then press D.

btw, k junks only the current subject, not the entire thread if the subject
has changed; J marks the entire thread as read including multiple subjects.

I have forgotten a command. Somehow, I've got a specific group set to enter
as Subjects rather than Threads. I know how to change it back to Threads
once I'm in the group but I cannot remember how to change it so I enter the
group as Threads, not Subjects. Also, what file is this setting stored in? I
couldn't find it in the files in my .trn directory and it's not a .newsrc
setting, of course.

Whoops! Patrick, I apologize for carelessly replying to your message in Mail
rather than via the list. What a noob.