Re: About to unsubcribe

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Charles Seeger wrote:

> +------ Patrick Vervoorn wrote (Sat, 22-Nov-2008, 18:29 +0100):
> | I'm still here, even using trn, though it is getting more and more
> | unstable as time goes by. Using 'valgrind' I also notice trn is quite
> | sloppy with (de-)allocating it's memory...
>
> FWIW, I haven't been seeing these problems (on Solaris 8 SPARC).

Hmmm, interesting. I've been seeing these problems both with my
'home-compiled' version of trn, but also with the trn distributed via
Debian. Al running on Linux-x86. I, unfortunately, do not have access to
another architecture.

> | Anyway, anyone still here who is actively maintaining trn?
>
> AFAIK Wayne hasn't been working on it, and may not even be using it.
> I was hoping that he might speak up.
>
> Years ago the main holdup to releasing 4.0 was documentation.
> He added three of us as "developers" on the project, but I must admit
> I don't know exactly what that permits on SF, and I don't recall any
> statement of any explicitly granted permissions (e.g. via cvs_acls).
> Thusfar, the other two haven't posted to this thread, and their
> remaining interest is unknown.  (As for myself, I took a quick look
> at slrn many years ago and didn't like it as much.  I regret the
> move to so many web forums and blogs, as skimming through them is
> so much slower.)
>
> Wayne is the only project adminstrator listed, so hopefully he will
> make a statement of some kind.

One can always hope... It'd be a shame to see this wonderful application
getting 'lost'...

Regards, Patrick.