From: trn-workers-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:trn-workers-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
Combs
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:53 AM
To: trn-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: trn4 goes insane sometimes: "bogus newsgroup" "bogus newsgroup"
... rest of .newsrc

Trn4 sometimes goes insane (rarely, maybe once every
6 months?):

It gives some error (I forget what, maybe no error at
all) before it it starts doing, for *each* newsgroup
in .newsrc beyond the current place, saying:

  bogus newsgroup foogroup
  bogus newsgroup bargroup
all the way to the end!

(WRONG: I just looked -- it starts at the
BEGINNING of .newsrc, ie does "bogus newsgroup"
on EVERY newsgroup.

Go look at .newsrc after that, and every
newsgroup now has a "!" after it.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea as to what might be
the cause?

Is there maybe a *patch* to fix it?

Any words of observation, wisdom, etc will be welcome!

Thanks,

David

PS: I'd been running trn for about an hour when this
happened.

D.

Fully trained technicians. The highest number of Red Hat certifications
in the hosting industry. Fanatical Support. Click to learn more

http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd