Selecting only the messages in a thread that exactly match title?

I think my trn knowledge is leaking out of my brain, especially because I
only do really simplistic things 99% of the time.  (Also, I read Usenet much
less than I used to, usually just skimming 5 or so groups.)

When I'm reading threaded, how can I select just the ones that match the
specific title, and not the whole thread?

For example, in ba.food (a mostly stupid group but it's fun to check out
once in a rare while), I want to select the "supermarket mystery" messages
without selecting the "deli food" ones that it turned into.

I thought it was something lke:

/supermarket/+
or
/supermarket/:+

but both of those are selecting the deli food messages too (I've read part of
the thread, so when I start reading, it starts with the deli food messages).

--
top-posting: It's just a bad idea.