Re: TRN: remembering marked-items on NEWSGROUP page, eg ":T+"?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 05:07:26PM -0500, David Combs wrote:
> Sure would be nice if we could do the same
> for the "choose-a-newsgroup-to-view" page,
> especially when you've got a bunch of
> groups to choose from (in .newsrc);

The idiom selected for newsgroups was to let the user create custom
group lists for different purposes.  For example, in your .trn/access
file, you'd define any news sources you need (or just use the default
source) and then define multiple "Group" numbers, like this:

[Group 1]
ID = default
Newsrc = ~/.newsrc
Add Groups = yes

[Group 2]
ID = default
Newsrc = ~/.fun-newsrc
Add Groups = manual

[Group 2]
ID = default
Newsrc = ~/.work-newsrc
Add Groups = no

You can then use the multi-rc selector to select which set of groups
you're interested in.  You can also use the regular group-adding
mechanisms to select new groups and add them to those sections.

..wayne..