Re: trn 4.0-test76 remove ~/.nntpauth

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Michael Wang wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:17:03AM +0200, Yury Burkatovsky wrote:
> >
> > Try to use an access configuration file in the trn control directory
> > $HOME/.trn/access.  A useful example can be found in the on-line extended
> > (i.e. menu-driven) help under items Configuration->Sample Config Files.
>
> trn uses the access file, and fall back to .nntpauth.
>
> But nntplist does not use access file, as shown below, if .nntpauth does
> not exist, nntplist fails.

I believe if you wean trn from .nntpauth the file won't be deleted and
both trn and nntplist will be happy.

If it doesn't go, I'd recommend you to run nntplist with the env variable
DOTDIR set to a reserved location that contains a copy of (maybe a
symbolic link to?) .nntpauth as a workaround.

> Without .nntpauth, Pnews also fails.

It's odd. I can't find any shred of NNTP authorization in my Pnews script.
I am also using trn 4.0-test76.
--
Regards,						|       /^^^\