bug when article contains NULs

Hi

There is a new active writer in Finnish newsgroups whose articles my trn
doesn't like. Seems that his signature contains NUL characters confusing
trn.

My trn version is 4.0-test76.

If I talk nntp to the server with telnet I see that the line number in the
'Lines:' header is correct but it includes one line in the signature which
contains just five NUL characters. I guess trn thinks that line is an empty
string and doesn't count it. So trn displays one line less than should,
displays an extra line: the last line with just a dot '.', the end of
message token, thinks it's part of message and hangs waiting for the real
end of message token.

I attach here an offending message first as seen when telneting to the nntp
port and second as seen by trn (saved from a tmp file of trn). If the NULs
are not visible in the first file, it may be your pager's or editor's fault,
many of those do the same mistake and skip them. At least less-381 displays
them as ^@ but colors in inverse, like:

Eero

^@^@^@^@^@
.
quit

In the second file, the dot in the last line shouldn't be there but it is.

-Petri
Script started on Sun Dec  7 13:20:50 2003
elektroni kaukasoi ~/roska/lähetä > telnet news2.cc.tut.fi nntp
Trying 130.230.25.65...

Connected to news2.cc.tut.fi.

Escape character is '^]'.

200 news2.cc.tut.fi InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.1 (20030610 prerelease) ready (posting ok).
group sfnet.atk.linux
211 4504 67835 72378 sfnet.atk.linux
article 72325
220 72325 <v6gAb.24$Bb.0@reader1.news.jippii.net> article