Re: Order of reading articles in threads

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 04:19:25PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:05:55AM +1000, David Cook wrote:
> >     When I read articles in a long thread (e.g. one with hundreds of
> > posts) the order in which I read the articles is not what I'd
> > consider very useful (I use "^N" to go to the supposed next
> > article in the thread).
>
> "^N" means "next unread article in thread in date order", which will
> indeed read in order but perhaps not a useful order in many cases. :-) I
> imagine that's why it has an awkward keystroke. Perhaps you want "n"
> instead?

Ok, thanks !

... but, colour me confused :  I had the impression (possibly from
ancient times - I started with "rn" about 12 years ago, moved to
an early version of trn sometime later) that "n" didn't follow
threads ... obviously some behaviour that's changed over the
versions and I never noticed until now :)

David.

--
(david.cook at pobox.com)
(in Melbourne, Australia)