Re: trn error!?

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Jeremy Nixon wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 04:40:16PM +0100, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>
> > Entering nl.telecom:
> > Getting overview file.Programming error! Nested NNTP calls detected.
> > Programming error! Nested NNTP calls detected.
>
> It looks like it's saying that trn is trying to send another NNTP
> command before it has received the body of the previous command.
>
> Does it only happen on that one group?  If so, my first bet would be
> that the server is sending corrupted overview data in some fashion which
> is confusing trn.

It hasn't happened ever before, and I'm using trn (though not exactly this
version), with this newsserver, for several years now.

It hasn't happened since also, but I found this such a weird error, and
something which the trn-authors found necessary to include, that I decided
to mail this to the trn-users mailing-list, hoping someone could use it..

If it happens again, I'll try to find a pattern.

Best regards,

Patrick.