Re: TRN: in reply (vi), line-nums are pale-yellow, *impossible* toread

Hi David,

This is no way a TRN related topic.

If you have an X window environment on your desktop, you could use any of
the plenty of available X-window oriented editors, including GNU freeware.

I personally tossed dtterm out and switched to xterm long ago, mostly due
to its better mouse support. Anyway, *term is only needed for running old
terminal-oriented applications while there are editors that create windows
of their own.

I would recommend using nedit (http://www.nedit.org/) but this is my own
personal preference. It is very easy to learn for a beginner, highly
customizable and easily built for a variety of platforms. There are also
out-of-the-box binary files ready for installation on Sun, Linux, HP-UX
and other targets. Nedit has a lot of useful features that you won't
find in either vi or nvi. You can read some articles on nedit at
http://www-pat.fnal.gov/nirvana/NEdit_Talk.html and (more recent)
http://www.loohuis-consulting.nl/projects/neditfeature-1.html.

Others may recommend other editors for X windows.

Again, this is irrelevant for "more about trn" IMO.
--
Regards,						|       /^^^\