'Select current article and descendants' command?

 In article reading mode trn has ',' to mark the current article and
descendants as read. Is there any convenient command or command combo
for 'select current article and descendants'? I've had situations
where it would be useful; I sometimes read very selectively and hit
interesting articles that I want to expand to reading the replies to.

 I tried '.:++' on hopes, but that selects the entire thread not just
the descendants of the current article.

	- cks