How dead is Trinity and is it worth contributing to?

I love TDE and want to contribute to it but is it worth it? I've been in the
devels mailing list for a couple weeks now and there haven't been any new
messages.

There are many applications I can't find in TGW like kmilo. The Project
RoadMap on the wiki has a warning of being outdated. Is there a reason
certain repositories haven't had a non-translation related commit in years?

It seems improvements outside the scope of bug fixes and the migration to
CMake are stalled indefinitely due to issues with adding support for Qt4? Why
not drop it and try for Qt5/6 instead?

Can the migration to Webkit for HTML rendering be done without Qt4 support?

How hard would it be to make a style plugin for Qt5/6? I currently use
gtk-qt-engine-trinity with qt5-gtk2-platformtheme as a workaround but it
would be nice to have reliable, native support.

I don't exactly understand how TQT or the TQT Interface works so I'm sorry if
these are stupid questions.