Re: Display configuration troubles

On Thu June 6 2024 12:51:55 Thierry de Coulon via tde-users wrote:
> I use a Lenovo X390, MX-Linux 21.3, with one user using xfce (the
> "original" DE) and the other using TDE.
>
> When I plug in HDMI (for a beamer, in this case), xfce can easily be set up
> to mirror the display.
>
> When I use TDE and connect the Beamer (seen as HDMI-2), TDE automatically
> extends my screen to the beamer. xrandr -- output HDMI-2 --same-as eDP1
> (where eDP-1 is the internal screen) does mirror the screen, but it remains
> extended.
>
> Now if I run "Configure Displays" and select "Enable local Display control
> for this session" (which was not activated), I do get the mirroring I am
> looking for. But if I click "Apply" the screen turn to psychedelic colours
> - seems to be wating for me to validate the choice, what I can't do and
> anyway would not as it's unusable. After a while the sceens returns to my
> desktop, albeit stil psychedelic, and I must log out / log in to get my
> desktop back.
>
> So for the time being that means I have to use xfce when I need the beamer.
>
> Anyone knows what's going on and what I should do to mirror my 1920x1080
> screen to the HDMI beamer?

FWIW I use T-Menu / System / Screen Size & Rotate to position my three
displays and things work fine provided the Brightness and Gamma controls
are on default (all 2.2).  Any gamma deviation from default and it looks
like a bad CGA display and I have to reboot (or run the NVidia X Server
Settings tool which also manages to fix whatever broke).

--Mike