Re: WAS:Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support ~~ NOW: SeaMonkey Browser and Mail Client

On Friday 31 May 2024 10:20:13 am Felix Miata via tde-users wrote:

> My first email app was Netscape 2.02 on OS/2. It was replaced by Netscape
> 4, still on OS/2. Mozilla replaced it, and it morphed into SeaMonkey, which
> I still run 24/7, still with POP, though long ago I migrated email to
> openSUSE Linux & KDE3. With each openSUSE version upgrade the question
> comes up whether it's time to switch from KDE3 to TDE. So far the answer
> has been better to not abandon the remaining openSUSE KDE3 user pool and
> kde3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx subscribers before every TDE bug I reported gets
> closed fixed.

You peaked my curiosity and I downloaded the latest Seamonkey tar file.

Yep it still looks the same to me!

Ugh, the mail client uses .mbox format. STRIKE 3 XXX.

I've gotten so use to the MH / MAILDIR format that I would have to break my
archive folder down due to the limitations of the .mbox format.

No, its not over 4 gigs, but I'd have to break them down again back into
years. 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024. Where right now
every thing is just in the archives folder.

One thing that I HATE about KMAIL, and this drives me NUTS, is instead of
sending the email RIGHT THEN, when I hit the send button, it puts it in the
OUTBOX and then I had to add a button on the main KMAIL screen, next to the
check mail button, to where I have to open the OUTBOX and then hit the button
that says " SEND QUEUED EMAIL VIA...." and then click on my domain name. Ugh,
Too many steps.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

CHRIS

CHRIS@xxxxxxxxxx

* Lenovo ThinkCentre M710q*~~~* 1 TB SSD*~~~*15.5 GiB of ram*

~~* Q4OS Trinity Edition* ~~