Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

On Fri May 31 2024 05:25:40 gene heskett via tde-users wrote:
> More personal thoughts from a long time user who hasn't been able to
> install on a debian system since the end of stretch. For newer versions
> it has been a dependency hell there is no recovery from but a re-install
> of debian. Items removed to satisfy your dependencies have included
> glibc for instance. I've complained but no one seems to care, So I'm
> stuck with thunderbird for email which is always broken somewhere, and
> xfce4 for a desktop. A generally usable solutiom but not ideal by a long
> row of apple trees.

Hi Gene,

I have Debian running on a bunch of boxes, several of them with TDE.

If you're using standard Debian and TDE packages you're welcome to send
me your problematic /etc/apt/ and dpkg -l and I'll put them on a test box
and see if I can figure out how to get TDE running on your Debian.

But if you're using non-standard packages, or obsolete packages, or a lot
of pinning then sorry, I can't help you.

--Mike