Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

On 5/31/24 10:11, deloptes via tde-users wrote:
gene heskett via tde-users wrote:

While refusing to accept monetary support from the users. Including me a
decade back. There is an armbian project that I and apparently many
others contribute various amounts per month, my contribution is an
un-noticable $25/month. I joined that because most of my 3d printers run
some version of it and the support level has multiplied several times in
recent history. You would likely do well by adopting their recipe to pay
the bills. It seems to be working well. The lack of co-operation from
the pi foundation is obvious, and the stability is becoming legendary.
Better than pios these days.

I think for TDE it is not the monetary part that much but the lack of
contributors and the scope of work. While most of the time the contributors
are occupied with keeping the system stable and catching up with the
changes in libraries that are used by TDE and recently with getting rid of
conflicting code with KDE, it seems there are no ressources to update or
implement newer things

BTW I am glad to hear from you as I no longer hang around the Debian user
list.

Thank you Deloptes. I don't know why I waste time with it myself, it sure hasn't been any help to me.
.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis