Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:

> Some of the article issues seem reasonable, but mostly I am reminded
> that articles with these kinds of titles are written and published for
> click-bait value. Rather than a muckraking article, this article could
> have been written with a perspective and title of "Trinity Continues the
> KDE 3 Spirit and Design." These types of articles are not what I expect
> from lwn.net.

For me it is obvious that the writer never understood, why TDE was initiated
and why people still use it. Obviously the factor how shiny something is,
is more important than how stable something is. But hey this mentality is
spilled all over the place and it sucks. There is no way to argue, because
the people carring this mentality are usually uneducated and uncultured.
They write for same highly uneducated and uncultured readers. It is becoming
a religion. And so

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it
will be opened to you.

TDE is open for those who seek the truth.

I am using one 13". I use it with 1920x1080 resolution. Why should I use it
with higher resolution is unclear.
Most of the time tdenetworkmanager handles the connections properly. I had
only once an issue with a network in one hotel somewhere. For some reason
it could not get the IP address properly while Windows on the same PC could
handle it. What I am missing is the option to use tdenetworkmanager to
utilize the SIM slot (internet via LTE). I have it on the todo.

So yes, TDE has limitation - may be the biggest one that it is not really
designed to run on a laptop.

It is very challenging to maintain the code, because of the lack of people
and time, although in the past few years there are many developers that
joined and there are significant improvements.

(I am writing this as an observer and not officially approved to make
statements in the name of TDE)

I joined the team because I do not have too much money to infest in
supporting the project, but I have allocated some hours per year to do this
or that for the project. I wish I had more to offer.

BR