Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:

>> uncultured, because they do not contact anybody before posting the crap
>
> This was indeed unacceptable.

In my favorites recently the site quora.com is "rising". It comes very often
on top of google searches and it is such a BS that I wonder how and where
they are getting all the information.
One can not say that it does not have factual background, but it is rather
interpretation of facts instead the facts themselves.
So ... welcome to a new world, where facts can be fabricated, influenced,
tweaked and abused as one likes it.
I bet the big corps will use these site to train the AI, so that we have
authority that "knows".
But apart of this side note, can you sum up and put forward what can be
improved. We could ask TDE to comment on prioritizing work in the future.

>From my side I asked already about DBus. I was actually learning and working
on it in the past few years and had good understanding and achievements. We
fixed and polished the dbus-1-tqt and especially the generation of code out
of the xml that is now usable for implementing synchronous and asynchronous
interfaces for services and clients.
As DBus is now defacto standard, I think TDE needs better integration or
even replacement of the dcop functionality with dbus, which is gigantic
work. I think a decision is needed where TDE wants to be in the future and
how it will get there.