Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

said J Leslie Turriff via tde-users:

| 	And why are default fonts always Sans-Serif?  (Not sure who started
| this, but I suspect MacroShaft.)  I suppose it's more of the "dumb down
| the user interface" nonsense that Gnome et al promulgated.*  There are
| too many easily confused glyphs in Sans-Serif fonts.  Thank goodness
| that in the control center I can set all of the non-monospace fonts at
| once!

The defaults are not annoying if they're easy to change, which they are in
TDE and aren't much of anyplace else. Also, when you make changes in TDE,
they stick. One of the irritations I found in whatever the
Plasma-derivative thing PiOS uses is that the system lets individual
applications undo the settings. On KDE and then TDE I've kept the same
settings for *decades.* And Netscape, later Opera, later Mozilla has not
been able to break them. (KDE-1.x icons, too, until there were just too
many things that didn't exist in the KDE-1.x era!)
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/