Re: How to update the list of screensaver modules?

J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:

> KDE3 has a large supply of screensaver modules which I wanted to explore,
> so I copied the contents of /usr/lib/xscreensaver and appended the
> contents to mine; but they don't appear in TDE's list of screensavers.
> How can I refresh the list?

so you try to copy something into this directory and expect it to show up
somewhere?

I do not think it works simply like this. There are files that accompany
each screensaver module.

And here on Debian 12 amd64 it is in libexec. I see you are on openSUSE
$ dpkg -S /usr/libexec/xscreensaver
xscreensaver-data, xscreensaver-gl: /usr/libexec/xscreensaver

$ ls -al /usr/lib/xscreensaver
ls: cannot access '/usr/lib/xscreensaver': No such file or directory

The debian own package tdescreensaver-xsavers-trinity seems to hold the
config files for the desktop

look at
        man kxsrun
        man kxsconfig