Re: How to update the list of screensaver modules? [SOLVED]

On 2024-05-08 17:50:33 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:
> > KDE3 has a large supply of screensaver modules which I wanted to explore,
> > so I copied the contents of /usr/lib/xscreensaver and appended the
> > contents to mine; but they don't appear in TDE's list of screensavers.
> > How can I refresh the list?
>
> so you try to copy something into this directory and expect it to show up
> somewhere?
	That's where they are in (openSUSE's) KDE3; it seems odd to me that TDE would
put them somewhere else.

> I do not think it works simply like this. There are files that accompany
> each screensaver module.
	Heh.  I looked again in /usr/lib/xscreensaver and noticed that most of the
files were -rw-r--r--.  I chmod +x the whole set and now they appear in
Control Center's Screensaver module and the desktop context menu Configure
Desktop option; so Surprise! no additional files are needed.

> And here on Debian 12 amd64 it is in libexec. I see you are on openSUSE
> $ dpkg -S /usr/libexec/xscreensaver
> xscreensaver-data, xscreensaver-gl: /usr/libexec/xscreensaver
>
> $ ls -al /usr/lib/xscreensaver
> ls: cannot access '/usr/lib/xscreensaver': No such file or directory
>
> The debian own package tdescreensaver-xsavers-trinity seems to hold the
> config files for the desktop
>
> look at
>         man kxsrun
>         man kxsconfig