Re: TDE R14.1.2 released, new target started… [OT]

On Sun May 5 2024 21:55:36 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:
> 	Well, this is fun.  I remember vaguely that Mastodon would be an option
> for communication about TDE, and it appears that I had set up an account on
> floss.social; but then I forgot about it.  Now when I try to log in I am
> informed that my account has been suspended (no reason given), and there
> seems to be no Help or Contact facility to figure out what's going on,
> though it does say "...we will retain some basic data to prevent you from
> evading the suspension" which implies that somehow I have done something
> wrong. Maybe inactivity is a banning offense?

FWIW:

It's 15 months since I last logged into Mastodon.  It took me a moment to
figure out which of the Mastodon domains to use (mastodon.social).  But I
could log in ok and then it spent about a minute "preparing my home feed"
and then everything seems to be working.

I switched to BSky because I needed an algorithm to filter posts rather
than drowning in a deluge of conversations.  And I'm still on Xitter.

--Mike