Re: pointer size adjust - mouse cursor themes - w screenshot

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 05:28:04 -0700
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not even sure where they are kept in my system, as I've searched for
> their folder, and I only seem to have them here: see screenshots.
>
> What I am asking is, Is there some way that we can download these themes to
> use with our TDE desktop, without actually installing all the other KDE5
> krap? This may benefit other TDE users, as well as my future self, if I
> should ever lose these themes.

While gnome and KDE both have a few cursor themes made just for
them, cursors are handled by the X server.  On my system they're stored
in /usr/share/icons , although I believe it's also possible to install to a
subdirectory in ~ .

While I can't trace the origins of any of the cursor packages shown in
your screenshot specifically, I doubt they're part of KDE5 as such—your
distro may just have wanted to provide a rich set of cursor options, and
so grabbed a bunch from who-knows-where.  Or you may have installed
them yourself, then forgotten (it's happened to me).

As far as I can tell, the Gentoo packages for individual cursors just unpack
them into /usr/share/icons and don't require any particular DE to be installed,
so you can probably just copy the files somewhere if you want to reinstall
the cursors at a later time.  As for downloading them, you'll need to find out
where they're originally from first, but it should be possible to get them as
standalones.

E. Liddell