Re: pointer size adjust - mouse cursor themes - w screenshot

On Thursday 28 March 2024 00:29:13 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Anno domini 2024 Wed, 27 Mar 20:04:09 -0400
>
>  Felix Miata via tde-users scripsit:
> > Where in KControl or elsewhere does one go to make pointer and I-bar
> > large enough to notice? In peripherals is only (4) mouse cursor themes,
> > where exist no controls for any sizes. The pointer in TDM is about 4X as
> > large as in TDE sessions, and appropriate for my needs. Is there a
> > separate package to provide pointer controls that isn't required in a
> > base installation?

Hello Felix & Nik!

There *might* be another way, although it's very unconventional, like pretty
much everything else I do, but not because I set out to do it differently.
Or, this could be off the mark, and if so, I apologize. But here goes ...

I have something like 50 mouse cursor themes available, although for a long
time now I've only been using one, called TSC, which is nice, because it's
made of concentric circles, so left- and right-handed look the same, one
would only need to change the right-click or left-click settings. Otherwise,
it's legible against pretty much any background, and large enough for my old
eyes to see.

How I got these is what's weird. Long ago, after I had at last given up on KDE
3.5 Hardy Heron 8.04x, and hadn't yet discovered or figured out how to get
TDE running on my machine, I gritted my teeth and installed the new KDE5
Plasma desktop. When this was installed, I collected all these mouse themes
available.

After I purged everything KDE5 on my system, these mouse cursor themes
remained, and I've been using them ever since (about 2012 or 2013, I
believe). (And by the way, I just counted my mouse cursor themes, and I
actually have 131 themes.)

I've asked about this before, but I don't know if anybody know the answer, as
perhaps it seems like suggesting that we adopt some alien technology fallen
out of the sky. But I'll put it out there again, as others might like to use
them.

I am not even sure where they are kept in my system, as I've searched for
their folder, and I only seem to have them here: see screenshots.

What I am asking is, Is there some way that we can download these themes to
use with our TDE desktop, without actually installing all the other KDE5
krap? This may benefit other TDE users, as well as my future self, if I
should ever lose these themes.

Bill

P.S. I've asked this question before, as witness the two screenshots, a few
years apart, both showing my buffet of themes.

P.P.S Sorry, correction. I added the screenshots.