Re: Multi-monitor layout resetting itself every logon

As I mentioned in the OP, I had already tried using the nvidia-settings GUI, though it turns out I was doing it wrong. That was really the solution but for some reason I just wasn't saving the configuration properly.

So get this: the "apply" button in nvidia-settings isn't to apply your settings, it's to save them. THEN you can Save your xorg.conf. I found this out the hard way when I tried saving it and noticed right away the xorg.conf it generated was for a GTX 1060. I haven't used a GTX 1060 in my system in almost a year so this was a dead giveaway that this was an older config. Second thing I noticed was that nvidia-settings was saving to /etc/X11 when Arch based distributions like to save to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d. After I got this sorted out my settings finally applied next reboot.

So the solution all along was to just click an extra button and move one file, I feel silly.

-- bonkmaykr.xyz
Proud webmaster of KangWorlds.

Sent from Proton Mail mobile