Re: feature request - a way to download *all* TDE-Trinity packages for a system

On Sunday 04 February 2024 15:25:50 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Anno domini 2024 Sun, 4 Feb 13:52:22 +0000
>
>  William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> > I don't know if this is totally selfish and/or solipsistic of me, but I
> > would like to have a way to download *all* available packages appropriate
> > to my system.
> >
> > If there is some command that will do this, that will work, as I can pick
> > and choose on my own. A tool like aptoncd would be better, but I can find
> > anything like it any more.

> Copy the folder /var/cache/apt, there's all in what you may need. Or try
> "refractasnapsot". I have just uploaded a "bleeding edge" iso of devuan
> excalibur + TDE 14.2 + patched refractasnapshot:
> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=6299
>
> Nik

Yes, I already do that, only in a little more complicated and exact way, to
wit:
sudo
mv -f -v /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb -t /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/messy-20240201/

sudo
dpkg -i -E -G /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/tde-trinity-daedalus-bookworm-20240201-stable/*.deb
sudo
mv -f -v /var/cache/apt/archives/*trinity*.deb -t /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/tde-trinity-daedalus-bookworm-20240201-stable/
sudo
mv -f -v /var/cache/apt/archives/*tde*.deb -t /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/tde-trinity-daedalus-bookworm-20240201-stable/
sudo
mv -f -v /var/cache/apt/archives/*tqt*.deb -t /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/tde-trinity-daedalus-bookworm-20240201-stable/
sudo
mv -f -v /var/cache/apt/archives/*tqca*.deb -t /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/tde-trinity-daedalus-bookworm-20240201-stable/

sudo
dpkg -i -E -G /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/tde-trinity-daedalus-bookworm-20240201-stable-deps/*.deb
sudo
mv -f -v /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb -t /home/geekstuff/archives/daedalus-bookworm_64/tde-trinity-daedalus-bookworm-20240201-stable-deps/

This sorts everything into the right folders. You will note how I try to
separate Trinity-TDE items from dependencies; this works pretty well, but
sometimes packages get put with Trinity, sometimes with deps.

There is often a problem of duplication, as different packages use the same
dependency, so when I get into installing other packages (notably,
multimedia), I often have the same dependencies copied into different package
folders. What I want is to create a local mini-repository, e.g., on a flash
drive, then change my sources.list so that apt will look there for packages.

Bill

P.S. Below are some recent discoveries. I am appending the links here, as
others may be able to make use of them, too.

It seems that apt-mirror may do what I want, but I've yet to explore it yet.
https://www.linux.com/news/burning-debian-packages-and-repositories-disc-aptoncd-and-apt-mirror/
https://web.archive.org/web/20240127221904/https://www.linux.com/news/burning-debian-packages-and-repositories-disc-aptoncd-and-apt-mirror/

https://askubuntu.com/questions/3576/how-to-make-usb-drive-as-local-repository
https://web.archive.org/web/20230410001817/https://askubuntu.com/questions/3576/how-to-make-usb-drive-as-local-repository
So far, this seems the best for my purposes. But if I understand other
information I've read elsewhere, I need to make a tar.gz archive of those
packages before I can use them as a repository with apt. But it's getting
close to what I want.

I've read about refracta and similar tools, but I don't want to create a
snapshot of my system. A snapshot is only good if you don't care about
recently saved or changed items; otherwise, it is like a backup, right?
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=678
https://web.archive.org/web/20221129054513/https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=678

Also I want to create an installation image of Devuan with TDE already
available, and probably no other desktops (except maybe xfce for
troubleshooting and testing). But I am not quite there yet.

This is to create an actual online repository, I believe, for others to use. I
don't have the resources for that; I just want to create one for myself on a
flash drive.
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.en.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20230409023758/https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.en.html
However, it may contain some useful information that I can apply to my own
situation.

Apparently aptoncd is still preserved somewhere. We hear that old versions can
be downloaded from sourceforge. I tried, but their download link for that deb
package is dead; I searched for an archived version, but found nothing.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aptoncd/
https://web.archive.org/web/20240204183159/https://sourceforge.net/projects/aptoncd/

https://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/download.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20221007075747/https://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/download.html

no archived versions of packages:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/aptoncd/aptoncd_0.1-1_all.deb
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/aptoncd/aptoncd-0.1.tar.gz

https://www.linux.com/news/burning-debian-packages-and-repositories-disc-aptoncd-and-apt-mirror/
https://web.archive.org/web/20240127221904/https://www.linux.com/news/burning-debian-packages-and-repositories-disc-aptoncd-and-apt-mirror/

Looks like it's been a long time since any development was done on this item.
https://launchpad.net/aptoncd
https://web.archive.org/web/20231107014851/https://launchpad.net/aptoncd