Re: Looney Tune: running on Athlon XP & 1G RAM???

Anno domini 2023 Wed, 6 Dec 01:21:31 -0500
 Felix Miata via tde-users scripsit:
> I have a bunch of Mageia 8 installations, including a few on 32 bits. 8 support
> just expired, so I've updated most of them for the last time, some to backported
> 6.1 kernels, others staying on 5.15. My only Athlon XP locks up locally booted to
> TDM on the 6.1 kernel, but seems fine on 5.15. Booted 6.1 to multi-user.target,
> and TDE started with startx, seems to be fine, indicating it's only TDM with the
> 6.1 kernel problem. The only dmesg/journal clues found from TDM and 6.1 seem to be
> timeout related, and only in the journal. Same PC with Bookworm and 6.1 seem fine too.
>
> Any similar observations? Anybody still using a 32bit Athlon with TDE?

I have an old netbook running 32bit devuan on some atom chip, but no such issues. But I had lockups on my desktop with AMD ryzen with kernel 6.5.something when X11 turned on the display after it was sent to sleep with DPMS. Looks like the issue was solved with the latest kernel (6.5.10-1)

Nik