Related to DE discussion

My current stunt is a secure tablet. That is impossible with Apple products but is relatively easy with Google hardware. (In case there is interest, a hot take on the project is here: https://ofb.biz/safari/article/1161.html )

It is amazing the number of applications that reintroduce problems solved a generation ago. There is, for instance, *no* good mobile browser.

So I was happy and horrified to install Emacs a few minutes ago. For those of us who are nostalgic, it looks as awful as it did 25 years ago. For those of us who want to get work done, it is in all other respects as awful as it was 25 years ago.

I haven't yet found ports of useful Linux applications.

dep
Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/